Date(s) - 01/19/17
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
You have the greatest influence over whether or not children use drugs. Being informed is paramount. This talk will cover the latest research findings and national trends related to marijuana use in the teen years and discuss practical tips for keeping children drug free. This information is vital for today’s responsible policy making, mentoring, counseling and parenting. Here are just a few of the questions that will be answered:
- Is marijuana addictive? Is marijuana a gateway to other drug use?
- How potent is today’s marijuana compared to the 1970’s and why does it matter?
- How does marijuana use affect the teenage brain and their social/emotional development?
- How do we set boundaries and consequences for teens that are effective and realistic?
- What is the difference between medical and recreational marijuana? Why do these differences matter?
Click HERE to register online or call Connecticut Clearinghouse at 800.232.4424
Brought to you by: Wheeler Clinic/Connecticut Clearinghouse